By: Ryan Gasser, sports information director
BATAVIA, Ohio – Capital Volleyball traveled to Southwest Ohio to take on the Cougars of Cincinnati-Clermont College. The Crusaders improved its overall record to 8-10 following a 3-0 (25-22, 25-15, 25-23) road victory on Wednesday night.
- Capital has now won four of its last five matches with three of those wins being by 3-0 counts.
- The Crusaders hit with better efficiency than the Cougars, landing a .198 hit percentage to the hosts' .024.
- UCC committed seven block errors and five service errors to aid in CU's victory.
- Capital trailed early in the first set then hit its stride to create a six-point swing and take the lead for good. Once the first set was won, Capital rolled through the rest of the match.
- Senior right side hitter Kirsten Jutte led the Crusaders with 12 kills and a .258 hit percentage.
- Sophomore Miranda Jordan also hit well, converting eight attacks for kills on 23 attempts and committing just two errors (.261). She also added nine digs, two aces, and one block assist.
- Three Crusaders ended the night with 10 or more digs, including Erin O'Connell (11), Emily Cooper (10) and Olivia Hale (10).
- Cooper led the team with 14 assists and was backed by fellow sophomore Jenay Kocsis' 10 helpers.
- Junior Jessica Gavlak led the defense at the net with four block assists on the night.
Capital will play in a triangular on Friday, Sept. 27 that includes Manchester University and host Franklin College. Cap will begin play against the Spartans of Manchester at 6 p.m. that evening and follow with a match against the Grizzlies at 8 p.m.