By: Ryan Gasser, sports information director
HANOVER, Ind. – Capital University Volleyball lost both of its matches to close out its stay at the Hanover College Invitational. With the pair of defeats, Capital now sits at 4-9 on the year. Erin O'Connell was named to the All-Tournament Team, the second such honor for her this season.
KEY NOTES FROM SATURDAY
- Cap lost to Franklin College in its morning session, 3-0, behind scores of 27-25, 25-17, 25-23. Capital committed nine more attack errors and eight service errors en route to the loss.
- Leighann Osborne led Cap with 10 kills on 23 attempts (.304) plus nine digs in the loss to Franklin.
- Erin O'Connell had a solid game against the Grizzlies with 24 digs, two assists and a service ace.
- Adrian defeated Cap, 3-0, after its offense dominated the show. Scores of the bout were 25-21, 25-15, and 30-28 in an exciting third set.
- Adrian attacked with the two-headed monster of Alex Tobler (23 kills) and Grace Welsh (15 kills), both of whom hit better than .350 in the match and combined for eight errors on 80 attempts. The Bulldogs hits .313 as a team and posted five solo blocks.
- Osborne's second 10-kill performance and three aces were not enough to fuel the Crusaders.
- O'Connell chipped in 18 assists and two more aces in the loss to the Bulldogs.
O'CONNELL DIGS IT
- Over the weekend, sophomore DS/L Erin O'Connell tallied 75 digs, earning her a spot on the Hanover All-Tournament Team.
- This is O'Connell's second All-Tournament honor after achieving the feat at the Pam Briggs Memorial Classic to open the season.
- Capital will return home to play Ohio University - Chillicothe at The Capital Center on Tuesday, September 17 at 7:30 p.m.