By: Ryan Gasser, sports information director
WOOSTER, Ohio – The Capital University women's golf team concluded its fall season at the Eva Shorb Weiskopf Memorial, hosted by The College of Wooster at the Wooster Country Club this past weekend. The Crusaders finished seventh out of nine teams at the tournament, paced once again by senior Sydney Kelly.
LEADER OF THE PACK
- Capital senior Sydney Kelly (Worthington, Ohio / Thomas Worthington) led the Crusaders through both rounds of the weekend's tournament.
- Kelly shot rounds of 91 and 88 to finish tied for 15th overall behind a two-day score of 179.
- Kelly was one of two Crusaders to improve her score between rounds.
OTHER NOTABLE PERFORMANCES
- Junior Molly Frey modeled consistency after shooting two rounds of 95 (190), landing her with a share for 24th overall and second on the Capital scorecard.
- Sophomore Megan Maschari was the second Crusader to show improvement in her scores between days one and two. She shot a 109 on Saturday, landing her outside of the scoring four. She turned around and showed a 14-stroke improvement on Sunday after carding a 95 (204), which contributed toward the team's total score.
- Capital finished the weekend with a two-day team total of 767 (388-379), placing them seventh out of nine competing teams.
- The College of Wooster won the team title behind a 354-342-696 line, besting second-place Otterbein University by two strokes.
- Alexis Reichart of Ohio Wesleyan University won top medalist honors with a 165 (87-78) score following a huge turnaround on Sunday.
THE END … FOR NOW
This weekend served as the final tournament for the Crusaders this fall. Stay tuned for the release of the spring schedule in the coming weeks.