By: Ryan Gasser, sports information director
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ohio – The Capital University women's golf team competed at the Ohio Athletic Conference Preview tournament at River Greens Golf Course in West Lafayette, Ohio. The Crusaders, led by senior Sydney Kelly, finished fourth out of seven teams in the two-day event.
TOP CAP PERFORMERS
- Senior Sydney Kelly (Worthington, Ohio / Worthington Kilborne) put forth another top-10 performance this weekend. She exited the first round in second place after shooting an 83 through the opening 18. She returned and fired an 88 for a two-day score of 171 and a sixth-place finish.
- Junior Molly Frey (Pickerington, Ohio/Pickerington North) finished 19th overall behind a weekend score of 92-89-181.
- Sophomore Meghan Maschari and senior Alyssa Greening shot identical scores on both days and tied for 27th. Both turned in scorecards that read 94-95-189 to round out Capital's scorers.
CAP FINISHES FOURTH
- The Crusaders maintained fourth place throughout the tournament, though left round one within shooting distance of making a move up the leaderboard. Back just two shots from third-place the University of Mount Union and eight off the pace of Otterbein University, Cap was unable to improve its round two score to ascend.
- All three teams ahead of Cap improved their second round score with the Cardinals (355-339-694) making the leap from third to second in the team standings.
- Ohio Northern University won the OAC Preview tournament with a two-day total of 339-337-676 to take first by 18 shots.
- Cap finished 15 back of third-place Mount Union and two shots ahead of fifth-place Marietta College.
Capital Women's Golf will play its final fall tournament this weekend (Oct. 4-5) at the Eva Shorb Weiskopf Memorial at the Wooster Country Club (Wooster, Ohio).