By: Ryan Gasser, sports information director
ALLIANCE, Ohio – The Capital University women's golf team played a one-round outing at Tannenhauf Golf Club in Alliance, Ohio. While the Crusaders may have rounded out the list of team competing, Molly Frey stood out with a top-10 finish to pace Cap.
FREY ALL DAY
Junior Molly Frey (Pickerington, Ohio/Pickerington North) continued her strong play with a sixth-place finish in Sunday's 18-hole affair. Frey shot an 85, 13-over par to claim a share of sixth and lead the Capital pack by nine strokes.
- Senior Sydney Kelly finished tied for 26th with a 94 (+22)
- Sophomore Megan Maschari and senior Alyssa Greening turned in scorecards of 101 (+29) to share 37th overall.
- Senior Kari Hogan rounded out the starting five with a 110 (+38).
- Capital finished seventh out of seven teams with a 381 (+93)
*note, Malone golfers competed as individuals, not as a team.
THE REST OF THE FIELD
- Westminster College (Pa.) took first place in the team standings with a 341 (+53), just three shots better than second-place and host University of Mount Union.
- Top medalist honors went to Anna Schatschneider of Baldwin Wallace University, who shot 6-over par, 78. She won by two strokes to top Mount Union's Rachel Markle.
- Freshmen Reagan Johnson and Doddie Howells competed for Cap as individuals. In Howells' debut, she shot 116 to place 52nd.
The Purple and White will gear up for a two-day tournament it will co-host with Otterbein University. Capital City Match Play will begin on Sept. 14 at NorthStar Golf Club in Sunbury, Ohio and then move to Royal American Links in Galena the following day. Day one will begin at 10 a.m. with Sunday action to begin at 3 p.m.