By: Ray Delgado, assistant sports information director
COLUMBUS, Ohio – The Capital University women's basketball team played a tough road game versus John Carroll, losing 79-52 in University Heights. The Crusaders stayed in the game through much of the first half before the Blue Streaks began to pull away and gain the eventual win.
NOTES FROM THE ROAD
- The contest began evenly matched as the teams traded buckets to keep it close after the opening quarter with John Carrol holding a slight advantage at 18-14.
- Capital made it tough on the Blue Streaks to start the second, ceding little at the outset until John Carroll made a couple tough shots to gain momentum and began to build their lead.
- Cassidy Bosch and Emma Burns played well, scoring eight and five points respectively but were not able to break through, bringing the score to 43-25 John Carroll.
- In the second half, the Crusaders made small runs but were ultimately unsuccessful in cutting into John Carroll's lead, finishing the game 79-52.
- Bosch led the way for Capital, scoring 12 points, two steals and a block.
- The Crusaders defense forced 17 turnovers which translated to 15 points at the other end.
- Capital's defense also rejected five of John Carroll's shots, with four of them coming in the second half.
- Capital (11-10, 6-8 OAC) welcomes Heidelberg (8-13, 4-10 OAC) to The Capital Center on Wednesday the 12th at 7 p.m.