COLUMBUS, Ohio– The Capital men's soccer team fell, 3-1, against Wooster Wednesday night at Bernlohr Stadium. With the loss, the Crusaders fall to 3-1-1 overall, while the Fighting Scots improve to 2-5-0.
- Both teams had several opportunities early in the match, but neither side could break through.
- Wooster's Manny Burton scored in the 37th minute to give the Fighting Scots the 1-0 lead.
- Matt Scheper took two shots early in the second, looking to put the Crusaders on the board.
- In the 59th minute, Manny Burton had his second goal of the match, putting the Fighting Scots ahead by two.
- Not long after Burton's second goal, a foul was called on Wooster just outside the box. Greg Knox curled a right-footed free kick just inside the left post past Woosters goalkeeper Will Collis to give the Crusaders their first goal of the match.
- Late in the second, Wooster's Andreas Xenofontos scored their third of the night.
- In the 89th minute Trevor Collins took a penalty shot that was saved by Wooster's goalkeeper, in a last attempt to even up the score.
- Knox's goal was the second of his career and first of the season.
- Marais had six saves.
- This was the Crusaders first loss of the season.
- Capital had a total of 14 shots and seven corner kicks.
Capital will host The College at Brockport on Sunday afternoon at Bernlohr Stadium. Kickoff is set for 3 p.m.