By: Allison Lowe, assistant sports information director
COLUMBUS, Ohio- Capital Men's Soccer defeated No. 7 Case Western Reserve University, 1-0 tonight in overtime. The Crusaders now sit at 3-0-0 on the season.
- The Crusaders dominated possession in the first half, outshooting the Spartans 9-3.
- In attempt to stop the Crusaders in the first, Case Western committed seven fouls.
- In the second, play got aggressive and possession evened out. Both teams had five shots.
- The score was tied at zero heading into overtime.
THE GOLDEN GOAL
As play got chippy, senior foward Trevor Collins got taken down by a Case Western defender in the corner. Scheper came in on the loose ball and crossed it in front of the net to Spirk who followed through to score the game winner in the 91st minute.
- Spirk's goal was his first of the season and sixth of his career.
- Scheper had his second career assist in tonight's game.
- Junior goalkeeper Kyle Morais had his second shutout of the season.
- Capital was called for 10 fouls.
- Capital had a total of eight shots, two of which were on frame.
- Tonight's match marked the second overtime contest of the season for the Crusaders.
The Crusaders will play Denison University at home on Sept. 11 at 7 p.m.