By: Ryan Gasser, sports information director
SHAKER HEIGHTS, Ohio – On short rest, the Capital University men's golf team played in an 18-hole invitational tournament hosted by John Carroll University. Capital finished fifth overall at the John DiCillo Invitational, held at the Shaker Heights Country Club.
TOP CAP PERFORMANCES
- Junior Ryan Czerniakowski served as the top Capital finished, sharing a fifth-place finish with two other competitors. Czerniakowski shot 4-over par (74), matching his single-round low for the season.
- Cap's next finishers competed as individuals. Freshman Vince Daher and senior Ryan Wright both finished with matching 77 scorecards to share 17th place.
- Freshman Angelo Donato carded a 78 to share 21st place.
- Capital finished fifth out of six competing teams with a composite score of 313 (+33).
- John Carroll (294) took first place by 12 strokes over Mount Union (306).
- Sean O'Grady of JCU won the tournament with a 71 (+1).
NEXT ON THE DOCKETT
Capital will prepare for the Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC) Preview to be held on Oct. 5-6 at River Greens Golf Club in West Lafayette, Ohio.